Sunday, October 26, 2008

Smell of happiness...

I moved yesterday... To a place I used to call home... I seriously have no idea where that is right now.. home. My life is like a huge ride right now. I have no idea where I will be next, and I guess that's ok. God is changing so many things in my life right now, including me... I keep on asking when we I get settled somewhere, but I have a feeling that it might not be for a while. That makes me remember how I need to really focus on today instead of tomorrow or 2 years from now. How can I live for today, if all I think about is the future? Today is my first day here. I'm scared, I'm nervous, I'm excited... Those are all things that I really don't like to feel.. They make me feel like I'm not in control of my own life.. but then I remember that I'm not in control of my life at all.. I will keep everyone posted about what is happening.

I can't help but smile when I go outside. This is my absolute favorite time of the year. Me and my grandpa used to walk around during the falltime, and one year I can remember us walking and picking up our favorite leaves.. It's almost like I can still smell that day. I can still smell the leaves.

So, my advice for the day... Go outside.. and be silent.. And pick up your favorite leaf or two.. and keep it.. press it in a book.. and always remember that day; remember the smell of happiness.

2 comments:

Debs said...

Katie, I miss you already but I know that I will see you more than we both think. I hope that everything goes well back home, and I hope it feels like home soon. Here's to today! Love you and praying for you.

Emily Barnett said...

You're right! If we keep living for tomorrow, then we will miss today. I think everyone worries about the future.. but as the bible says.. let tomorrow worry about itself.. (or something on those lines.. IM NOT A PREACHER OKAY?! ha!) I love you and I KNOW God has something awesome in store for you, because your heart is open for His will.. just keep shining. I miss you!

Love, em