Life as I know it.. I was talking to my mom today and I said, "thanks for listening to my horrible life and my problems". Are you serious? Did that actually come out of my mouth. I have everything that I could ever need plus more. I take everything for granted. Will I ever be thankful? It has been a rough week, but I look around me and take in everything that's happening. My great friend, Jessica, has just been notified that her grandma has less than a week to live. Yet, I'm sitting here complaining about the dumbest things. My favorite Romanian is sitting with no parents, and yet has the biggest smile on her little face. 4,500 kids will die today from water related diseases.. today.. 4,500 kids. And I'm crying because no one needs me. Get over it. I know people need me, I just like to throw pity parties for myself. So called parties that I don't deserve.
Yesterday when me and Jess went to the hospital, this older man, probably 60ish started talking to me. He was at the hospital visiting his wife, and I wondered about his life story. Soon, he began to tell me. He had been all over the world. He was in the military and started a family and struggled to find work. He seemed just to love to have someone to listen, and I was grateful to be needed. He gave me great advice on life, and it made me just slow down for some reason. I looked at this man and listened to what he was saying. I was amazed to hear of his life, and of his trials. We began to talk about careers and I told him I won't be fulfilled to live an average life and work a 9-5 job. He followed that with a story. Right when he was released from the military he told me that he wanted to buy some land and a plane. He wanted to take the plane and just fly it all around his land. He had a family and he said he would be content with living simple. He would go out and get food and supplies when needed. But, he didn't. He went from job to job, and tried to make the best life he could for his family. I could tell he wondered what life would be like if he would have bought that plane.
I want to fly the plane. I want to live life to the absolute fullest. Every moment, I want it to be complete. My life is full of blessings, now I need to repay and bless.
Fly your plane. Live out your dreams. Don't regret.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment